Billing and Usage Help
Check Your Usage
Log in to the ScienceIO Dashboard, click on your initial in the top right corner of the page, and select Account to view your usage on the Dashboard.
You can also now see your usage and plan in the lower left corner of the Analyze - Web App, which is visible immediately upon logging into the Dashboard.
To see available plans, visit science.io/pricing.
The free trial includes 100 calls to the API, with no time limit for usage.
- All new users begin with a free trial of the API under the Developer plan.
- You may call any endpoint you wish during the free trial, or use the Analyze - Web App.
- A credit card is not required to begin a free trial.
- When you reach 100 calls, you must sign up for the paid Developer plan to continue using the API.
NoteSee Free Trial to Paid Version for more information about transitioning to a paid plan.
The Developer plan does not have usage limits.
- You pay a set monthly fee to access the API, plus a cost for each API call that is based on overall monthly volume.
- A credit card is required to sign up for this plan.
- You can cancel at any time (see below for more details).
NoteLearn more about the Developer plan at science.io/pricing.
If you find you desire additional customizations or want even greater volume-based savings, you may wish to explore our Enterprise plan. Contact us through this form for more information.
Free Trial to Paid Version
Once you have reached 100 free calls, your ability to make API calls will end or you will be rolled automatically into the paid version of the Developer plan (see below for details).
NoteIf you upgrade your plan to a paid version before using all of your free API calls, your paid plan will start when you send your 101st call. All free API calls will be exhausted before your first billing cycle begins.
If you have not added a credit card and have exhausted your free API calls:
- The API will alert you with an error message and will prevent you from making additional calls.
- A pop-up will display on the dashboard asking you to enter your credit card if you wish to continue calling the API or using the Analyze-Web App (this action will upgrade you automatically to the paid version of the Developer plan).
If you have already added a credit card and have exhausted your free API calls:
- You will be rolled automatically into the paid version of the Developer plan when you make your 101st API call.
- You can continue making API calls without interruption.
You must have a credit card on file to upgrade to a paid plan. To add one, log in to the ScienceIO Dashboard, click your initial in the top right corner of the page, and select Billing. You will then be taken to Stripe, where you can add your credit card information and change your plan.
Cancel Your Plan
Cancelling is done via Stripe. To cancel your plan, log in to the ScienceIO Dashboard, click on your initial in the top right corner of the page, and select Billing. You will then be taken to Stripe.
NoteInvoices are sent at the end of each billing period. If you wish to cancel your plan, your access will continue until the end of the current billing period. ScienceIO will tally and bill for any API calls per your plan agreement.
Add or Change a Credit Card
You can manage your credit card in Stripe. Log in to the ScienceIO Dashboard, click on your initial in the top right corner of the page, and select Billing. You will then be taken to Stripe.
NoteWhen you provide ScienceIO with your credit card when starting a free trial, you will be rolled automatically into the Developer plan once you have exhausted your free API calls and attempt to make the 101st call. You do not have to provide a credit card to begin a free trial, and you will not be charged until your free trial has ended.
Was this page helpful?
Great! If you ever have questions or want to provide feedback, send us an email.
Bummer. We hate when we miss the mark. If you have suggestions for improvements or other general comments, send us an email.