Incomplete or No PHI Identification
If this does not happen:
- Make sure your text included unredacted PHI.
- Make sure you have included a variety of PHI types.
- Make sure the information is actually PHI; medications like Benadryl, for example, are not PHI.
Remember that only information with identifiers tying it to an individual is considered PHI.
- “Type II diabetes” is health information, not PHI.
- “Sally Jones has type II diabetes” includes a patient identifier and therefore is PHI; removing the patient name turns it back into health information.
If the issue persists, contact support to alert us of a problem so that we may investigate.
Was this page helpful?
Great! If you ever have questions or want to provide feedback, send us an email.
Bummer. We hate when we miss the mark. If you have suggestions for improvements or other general comments, send us an email.